The day of Akshay Tritiya in Hindu Dharma marks the happening of several significant events.
Akshaya Tritiya is celebrated on the third day of the Shukla Paksha, in the month of Vaisakh, which corresponds to April or May in the Georgian calendar. This is considered to be one of the most auspicious days of the year, due to the sun and the moon, who are at their planetary best alignment. This year it falls on 03 May, Tuesday.
The word ‘Akshaya’ means eternal in Sanskrit and ‘Tritiya’ means ‘third.’ Also, this was the day when Lord Parshuram was born. As per Hindu culture, one can perform any auspicious ceremony on this date. Events like marriage, housewarming, and inaugurating a shop can be conducted on this day. It is believed that purchasing gold on Akshaya Tritiya brings prosperity and more wealth in the coming future.
However, the day of Akshay Tritiya in Hindu Dharma marks the happening of several significant events. Let us go through these events in this article.
- On the auspicious day of Akshay Tritiya, Lord Krishna bestowed inexhaustible splendor on Sudama in exchange for a handful of rice.
- On the day of Akshaya Tritiya, Shri Vedvyasji started writing Mahabharata with the help of Ganesha.
- On the auspicious day of Akshaya Tritiya, Maa Ganga descended on earth
- On this day, Satyug and Tretayug began
- On the day of Akshay Tritiya, the Sun God gave the “Akshay Patra” to the Pandavas during exile, which was full of inexhaustible food.
- On the day of Akshay Tritiya, Goddess Lakshmiji bestowed immense wealth on Kuberji (treasurer of heaven)
- On the day of Akshay Tritiya, Shri Krishna protected Draupadi’s dignity
- Lord Parashuram was born on the day of Akshay Tritiya
- Mahabharat war ended on Akshay Tritiya
Courtesy – NewsBharati